Just as it happens elsewhere in the body, the facet joints of the cervical spine may degenerate and cause arthritis in the neck, which is also called cervical osteoarthritis.
Several other terms are also used more or less interchangeably to describe cervical osteoarthritis, including degenerative joint disease, cervical spondylosis and neck arthritis.
Brook Chiropractic Neurology is a proven provider for those suffering from osteoarthritis anywhere in the body.
We’re especially known for a gentle touch and healing results.
Symptoms of cervical osteoarthritis
The symptoms from osteoarthritis in the neck are usually one or more of the following –
- Pain radiating from neck to shoulder
- Pain radiating between shoulder blades
- Neck stiffness and pain which is worse in the morning, then improves after moving around
- Pain that is worse at the end of the day, then feels better with rest
- Headaches, especially at the back of the head
- Cervical bone spurs, which are commonly found with cervical osteoarthritis
We fully understand the pain you are in and our treatments are designed to target the areas that cause you the most discomfort. In addition to neck treatments, we also treat low back (lumbar) pain as well as other pains throughout the body.
Chiropractic treatment for neck arthritis
The majority of treatments used for neck arthritis are non-surgical, and one of the most effective treatment methods is chiropractic. Chiropractic should be considered the first stop when neck or cervical pain arises.